Thursday, September 14, 2017

Week 3- My First Attempt at a Facebook Page

This week in our class we learned how to setup a Facebook page and how to get people to follow and like our pages. The blog I created, Logan Hanson’s Digital Marketing, is right now the very basic that a Facebook page can be, but I still recommend that you all follow or like the page. Although I am rather new to Facebook pages, this was not the first page that I created.


Way back when I was younger and had a little more time on my hands, about two years ago, my friend and I decided we were going to jump start our college experience by creating our own sports blog, Left N’ Right. This included our own webpage (using Weebly.com, but now I am a fan of blogger), our own Gmail account, Twitter page and of course a Facebook page. The excitement of having people read our opinions and comment on our posts pushed us to a strong start, but the inexperience of social media marketing made it difficult to remain dedicated.


Left N Right.JPG


This is the Facebook page of my first co-authored blog, Left N’ Right. As my friend and I soon learned, our inexperience of social media marketing would be our downfall.


Most of our issues stemmed from lack of time and an overall lack of perseverance. Both being young college students striving for degrees and future jobs in the workforce made our commitment to a “fun hobby” difficult when put up against studying for exams and finishing homework. The other problem was that it felt like we were doing it all for nothing. After an initial growth of followers from our friends and family, the follows stopped coming, the viewership went down and with little time to create new blogs or posts to social media, it seemed that stopping was the easier and most viable option since not many people were reading anyway.

Although the first blog and website did not go the way that either of us wanted it to go, it was a learning experience and drove me to where I am today. Without that struggle, I may not be taking this Social Media Marketing class and learning how my next blog (this blog) can be a successful one. It is because of this that I have no regrets and, maybe some day, Left N’ Right will rise from the dead and get the attention and help it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment