Sunday, November 5, 2017

Week 10- Facebook Ads

Many businesses understand the importance of digital marketing and social media for their company’s success. Perhaps the most significant of the social media platforms, Facebook, does a good job attracting the average social media user to a company’s page with their Facebook ads. These ads can be set up by any person who has a Facebook page and a budget, all it takes is a little direction.

The first step in the creation of a Facebook ad is to access the Facebook Business page and clicking the create an Ad button. Once selected it will take you to a page called the “Ad Manager” that will look like this:

Facebook Campaign.PNG

Once here, you may select the type of ad campaign you are looking for. For this blog I am going to do engagement since I am hoping to drive up my Facebook page’s following and awareness. When you choose your consideration it will take you to the bottom of the screen where you will name the ad campaign like so:

Facebook Name.PNG

After naming your campaign it will take you to a page where you will be able to select your audience and budget for your campaign. Since my Facebook page is for college credit and most of the followers attend my school, I will put my audience for the town my school exists in and the demographic for people in college. This is shown below:

Facebook Audience.PNG

When this section is completed, you are able to set a budget. This has a very large range that you may use, but I will show an example of what a college kid may be able to afford. You will also be able to either use a preselected time period or create one for yourself, I am going to create my own time frame.

Facebook Ad.PNG

When you select continue, it will take you to a page where you can either select the page as a whole as an advertisement or make a selected post your ad. Since I want more readership to my blog, I am going to make a post one of my selected ads:


Facebook Ad Page.PNG


Facebook does a nice job letting you see how your ad will look on all different types of mediums from mobile to desktop. Now all you have to do is confirm your ad and the process is complete! Enjoy your ads and the attention they garner!

No comments:

Post a Comment