Sunday, December 3, 2017

Week 14- Professor Jones’ IMC Campaign and Social Media

For my promotional strategy class taught by Benedictine University Business Professor Dr. Nona Jones, we were assigned to create an integrated marketing communications campaign also known as an IMC campaign. This campaign combined the multitude of different communications needed to successfully launch a business or a product. This semester long project took many different parts of business and smashed it into one large concept, including social media.

For my IMC, I created the company Cyclone Watches. The concept of Cyclone Watches was a watch manufacturer that produced watches that ran on solar power and were created with 100% recycled materials. For the social media campaigns, I created a Facebook, Twitter and Instagram page.


The purposes of these pages were to connect to my target markets of millennials and young professionals by attracting them to my company. This went with my IMC campaign’s goal of creating more brand awareness among the two groups.

I also married consumer promotions with my social media pages by creating an Instagram contest. The contest, which was designed to promote environmentalism, had the customers post a picture using a hashtag for the opportunity to win a free watch.

For these reasons, social media played a key role in the design and goals for the Cyclone Watches’ IMC campaign.  

No comments:

Post a Comment